Overcome the politicization of ESG to reveal opportunities for your business and your investors by measuring and assessing what is material to the company’s bottom line, what your investors really want, and what will motivate company leadership. Get beyond simply worrying about reporting demands and compliance and move to understanding sustainable business challenges through systems thinking and de-risk yourself for our uncertain reporting future.
Member companies, keep an eye on your inbox. If you are a local business, sustainability expert, faculty, or student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about attendance.
Table of Contents
- Academic Keynote
Khrystyna Bochkay, Associate Professor of Accounting, University of Miami
- The Voice of the Investor
Hear from a variety of investors as they answer the question: How does ESG affect your views of a company and your actions?
Liam Badger, VP of Portfolio Management, Socially Responsible Investment Portfolio Pitt
Rob Steiner, Co-Head, Social Investing & Senior VP Fixed Income Sales, BNY Mellon
Moderator, Cassandra Yaeger, ESG Program Lead, Ansys
- Industry Keynote
Neil Stewart, Director of Corporate Outreach, IFRS Foundation
- ESG Report Show and Tell
Businesses present their ESG or Sustainability report to understand how shaping data into a narrative impacts investor communications.
Brenda Petrilena, Director, Global Decarbonization & Program Management, US Steel
Ann Sokalski, Sustainability Director, World Group
Moderator, Jessica H. Moore, Financial Analyst, Investor Relations, Consol Energy
Alexa Walls, ESG Trust Solutions Practice and Global Asset & Wealth Management, PwC
- Firms Adoption of Voluntary Sustainability Standards by our Academic Keynote Speaker: Dr. Khrystyna Bochkay
- The Issuance and Design of Sustainability-linked Loans by Dr. Maria Loumioti and Dr. George Serafeim, if you don’t have time for the whole paper, we recommend you read the conclusion (PDF pages 37-39 or page numbers 34-36).
- Investors want to hear from companies about the value of sustainability published by McKinsey & Company. The second half of this article starting at the section “Know your audience” will be particularly applicable to this SBF.
- Which institutional investors drive corporate sustainability? A systematic literature review by Dr. Patrick Velte. We recommend you review the introduction (PDF pages 1-3) and section 4.4 – 4.5 on PDF page 11 for an understanding of institutional heterogeneity on corporate sustainability.
- If you still need to demonstrate the business case for material ESG to anyone you work with, check out ESG and Shareholder Value by Dr. Aaron Yoon (who spoke at our Sustainability Camp in August). We recommend you read pages 110 and 120 if nothing else.
All events will be held at University Club at 123 University Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Parking details will be shared shortly. We encourage using more sustainable transportation forms like Pittsburgh Regional Transit busses, walking, or biking with your own bike or Pogoh bike sharing!